Welcome to my site

What can I say? I'm so pleased that you've come here. I've spent 5 years blogging, more than that building websites and have been writing "professionally" since 2003. I'm here to help writers with their writing, encourage people through this life, and point them to Jesus. That's the most important thing. So stay tuned. Check this site regularly as "some of the features" may change. I'll need help from time to time, because I'm not perfect. If you're perfect, please go to another site. I'm pretty sure you won't fit in here.

Unbalanced Scales

I'm sure everyone in the U.S. already knows that we are in danger. The problem is that so much of the rhetoric and the old rules are just antagonizing things.

For instance, only weeks ago all the media could do was talk about going over a fiscal cliff. Now, however, that cliff seems to have disappeared and they are talking about spending ceilings. I don't know about you, but this tells me that the people in Washington (D.C) don't know what they're talking about.

Then comes the IRS looming on the horizon. It's hard enough to get around with their hands in our pockets year round, but they expect an extra-special bonus via our Income Tax. We've been gritting our teeth and baring this for years, but now it's becoming harder and harder to find the forms to fill out, even if you can understand them, so you can send them in and pay that tax. I'm of the inclination that if they want my money they should come and fill out all the forms and make it easy. I'm not one of these people who expect freebies. It's just that the founding fathers didn't get paid, and if they did it was by their district, and probably in feed or livestock. I say we go back to that. You want to get out of our $15 trillion debt, then stop paying the people who aren't listening to us when we say, "No taxes."

I know, that's idealistic, but this country was built on ideals, and hard work made it work. That is until the government decided to pay for those who didn't want to work. Take a good idea and present it to Congress or the Senate and the first thing they do is appoint a special task force to investigate the problem. Oh, and all those tax problems we face, they do not face. How'd that happen. Whatever happened to "We the People..?"

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Double Minds, by Terri Blackstock

Double Minds, by Terri Blackstock

Parker James, singer/songwriter, has been basically forced into the song writing aspect because her best friend, Serene, has captured the hearts of the Christian music industry. This book deals with compromise and the accompanying rationalization that comes with compromises. Terri Blackstock takes us on an incredible journey into the Christian music industry where we find that not everything is as it seems. Many supposed Christian musicians and heads of the various companies that make up this industry are anything but Christian. You'll find that all too often the "bottom line" is their God. Things get all out of whack when a receptionist at the company Parker works for is murdered. All during this incredibly fascinating tale she worries about Serene. She seems way too thin, but Serene tells her that she has to watch her figure if she's to climb her way to the top as a Christian performer. Slowly the veil is lifted and they both begin to see things as they truly are, but the trip in getting there is one you won't want to miss.

How many of us have been asked to compromise on our belief in Christ? How many of us have told ourselves, "It's not really that bad. Besides I can do more for the Lord if I listen to them"? I work as a library clerk, and every so often someone will come in and talk about the Bible, about Jesus and His love with me. I have been told several times that such behavior is inappropriate. You know what goes through my mind? I ask myself, "How can it be inappropriate to speak words that might just possibly reach into a person's life so that they accept Jesus as Savior and avoid eternal destruction? Now I know I can over do it. I can do this when I'm supposed to be waiting on a patron, and at those times perhaps it is inappropriate, but when no one is around and things are slow, I believe I am to at the very least show that I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Do I still compromise? Yeah, unfortunately there are some areas where I still need to learn to give over to Jesus. I'm learning. I'm moving in the right direction, even if it is slowly. The point is that I am moving and I trust God to be there for me always. My prayer is that I will accept life as He gives it to me and move ever closer to Him, refusing to compromise.


Be sure to visit her site HERE

And be touched by her TESTIMONY

You can purchase Double Minds, by Terri Blackstock at the following online venues, and probably at your local Christian bookstore:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Christion Books

No comments:

Post a Comment